Booking.com

Travelling From Mabinay To Sipalay Via Candoni, Excitement and Fears makes me Crazy!

To travel is to take a journey into yourself. - Danny Kaye
When i do travel, i always doing it together with my ride alone, we always doing a long drive that sometimes takes 1 or 2 days journey. Once a month, i always spending time going somewhere based on my plan and budget but i usually going to somewhere i don't know, I want a thrill journey, i want to asks people where to go, where to stay and where to buy something. Real travel is to explore the place that you don't know.

My 2 days journey Begin with a selfie

Very relaxing place in earth, away from traffic, crowded city, away from stressful work and away from someone who knows you.

Travel Plan map, Mabinay to Kabankalan, to Candoni, then to Sipalay back to Mabinay in 2 days

Red dots are the places where i took photos and spent an hour exploring the area, some of them are cities and municipalities with tourist destination and spot and some of them are just a normal place with beautiful views. From Mabinay going to Siplay where i stayed for one night, it took me 5 hours ride with my motorbike.
candoni travel.jpg
I lived in Negros but i didn't explored some other cities and places in here ye, so i started this journey with my bike to take a long ride going to somewhere i don't know which is somewhere in Candoni City and spend the rest of my day and night at Sipalay. I knew few things about the place but traveling going there is my firs time. It was an exciting travel adventure indeed, and at the same time a little bit scary. The road going to Candoni is not safe and not good for riders especially who are doing it alone. I found out that NPA ( Anti government group) and Phlippine Army had an encounter days before my travel date. Should have extra careful and precaution.
However, I never mind of it. My plan is to get to Sipalay City and enjoy the ride while taking the road for the first time. While on my way, the excitement to see new places is always in my mind.

Meet my Best buddy, my partner in Travel Mr. Mot2x, Raider 150

Fully conditioned, new tires and new oil change. Making sure my bike is ready for a long ride. Checking the condition of it before going to travel is very important. Its for safety of the two of us.
my bike234.jpg
Let me introduce to you my best buddy, he is very important to my travel adventure. He is fully conditioned upon taking this picture. This photo was taken at the Abandoned port area, we had a quick sigh seeing.

I started my ride from Mabinay @ 5:30 in the morning.

It's still cold and foggy around to have a start but its the best time to travel a long ride. Taking picture of Mabinay Complex, its has a hotel and bus terminal.
Mabinay is a Municipality where i considered my current place where i spent 6 months already. I put my small business here knowing that this place is very potential for printing business, decals and car stickers. Good thing, i am the only one having it in town.
Mabinay also known as the cave capital of the Philippines. They have tourist destination as well like Mabinay Spring, Caves and etc. Mabinay is far away from the beach, it is situated in between Dumaguete City, Kabankalan and Manjuyod.

Welcome to Kabankalan City, City or the Rising Sun

Known as developing city, but no popular when it comes to tourism. This city is the crossed section of 3 different cities. You will pass this city when you travel from bacolod or from sipalay and Dumaguete vice versa.
Not so interesting city for me, no tourist destination, no beautiful spots except malls, food chain and stores. But you know, Kabankalan is the nearest city in Mabinay where you can find Jolibee, 7/11, Malls and etc.
From mabinay it took me 30 minutes of Travel, the fastest compare to riding a bus or a Jeep.

Welcome to the road to somewhere i don't know.

Real adventure starts here, i am hesitant but i need to do it. This is my first time to set my bike tires on this land. A little bit scared by i am excited, Lets go!
Before taking the long way going to Candoni as they called it the next city that will take me 2 hours from the place where i took that picture. I asked one person if the road going there is find, no NPA check points and no danger zone? The man told me, if i felt something wrong better not to pursue going there. Yes, he confirmed that there was a Clash encounter between NPA and Army days ago. Do i need to go through?

I need to pass that mountains,yet everything is peaceful! Im going through!

This picture is in the middle of Kabankalan and Candoni, no turning back at this moment. Its a peaceful place, no other riders passed by me, no vehicles except me. The surrounding is very relaxing, i can hear the sound of birds and other insects. Hoping not a gun fire!
I stopped and took some picture of this beautiful nature. Its very relaxing, full of lovely plants and they seems so happy that they are away from the city. A beautiful place indeed! I am happy to have photos in this place.
This is the place where i took my first selfie. Everytime i saw these green fields, with full of plants it gives me energy and strength. I relieve stress indeed!

Stopped by to have some snack, Small store in a small Baranggay

I need to drink water, so i stopped by one small store. They have coffee as well and bread and other junk foods. I bought bread and drink hot coffee before taking another hour to my Destination.
How many hours does it take going to Sipalay? I asked the Tindera ( store owner). She replied, 2 hours dong!. May ghad!, i just spent 1 and 30 minutes but still have a long way down to Sipalay. I spent 10 minutes enjoying my hot coffee and bread. I need more energy now!

Hey buddy, We can make it?

We took some rest after 1 hour from the place where it ate my snack. My buddy need some rest as well.
We don't know what next on the curved road. Its a place away from the village, no people around, to houses. We and my buddy is there. We took a few break to have some rest for 3 minutes.

Welcome to Sipalay, oh, Someone Driving my Bike?

Welcome to Sipalay, City of Barungoy ( lol). My friend Mark met me at Sipalay with his Big bike. And he brought his friend to take over my bike so i can have rest while we travel to our final destination.

Hungry! Eating in one of their best "Carenderia" in town. Nilagang Baboy with hot chili and Toartang Eggplan

Filipino way of eating if you are not so familiar with the place. It is already part of Illonggo dialects area, people speaking different language as i used to, but i can understand. And most of Illoggo can cook best "Nilagang Baboy". I don't know how this thing called in english. Lol!
I am so excited, finally we are here. Sipalay is a small city surrounded with different resorts. There, you can find white sand beaches, caves as well. I spent day and night at Sipalay and we enjoy a lot of adventure things.
  • We visited the Langub Cave
  • Motor boat adventure
  • We visited the old abandoned port

Visiting the Langub cave in Sipalay

Langub is known for its name, Langub means cave. Our fist destination was the langub beach and we visited the langub cave where you can find the natural made pool inside the cave.
At my back is like a dark room, its a passage way going to a pool. Its a huge Langub or cave with a pool. Before going there, you can take bath and swim on the pool but you have to bring flash light. Its really dark in there.

Vsiting the abandoned Old port, Bulata

This is another cool place where we spent 2 hours enjoying the clear blue water. Bandoned old port is now a tourist destination in Sipalay. Its free for everyone.
One of the coolest place we been and spent time was the Abandoned Port. Its cool, its quite place and its very relaxing.

Bonus pictures of me half naked at abandoned port ;)

After a cool journey at Sipalay, i spent my night at Punta bulata.
Thank you for reading!
Credits: All photos are originally mine, using Samsung Note 3 and Note 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment