Booking.com

The Angry Christ - Victorias City Tourist Attraction

Negros Island is indeed one of the best place that you can consider when you have your travel adventure plans. World Facts News featured one of the best place in Negros Occidental, the Angry Christ located at Victorias city. 

Is Christ really angry? … This is the common question of visitors of St. Joseph The worker Parish.
For all the write ups about this very popular ANGRY CHRIST painting at St. Joseph the Worker Parish in Vicmico, Victorias City, Negros Occidental, I came to think of how I can write a more distinct article about this unique landmark.



Maybe because I was born and grew up here in this community where the church is located, I can just share my personal thoughts about this beautiful church where my religious belief was constructed.
When I was in my elementary up to my high school years, I happened to be one of the Sacristan (Knights of the Altar-KOA), who was happy to serve during mass celebrations here in this Church.
Maybe because I am from here, that I didn’t even think of the exceptional beauty of the ANGRY CHRIST painting that was behind us when we were sitting just beside the priest while celebrating masses. Maybe I found it so ordinary since it has been there even before I was born.

Source: Outoftownblog


Students who are studying in Victorias Milling Elementary School, Don Bosco Technical Institute and St. Mary Mazarello School constantly pass by this church from their home to school or vice versa. And as a former student we used to drop by and play around the church vicinity. And I even remember, we were reprimanded by the priest that time, Fr. Eli Santos, because we were playing around the church’s vicinity while afternoon mass was going on.

As ordinary as I thought it was, there were and as of now there are still, many tourists that are visiting the place just to take a photos of this historic St. Joseph The Worker Parish Church, specifically, the ANGRY CHRIST painting that has brought fame to the Church, to Vicmico Community, and Victorias City as a whole.

I feel so great and lucky enough to be just here going back and forth to the church which many has just been wishing to visit.

Going here is so easy. From Bacolod City North Terminal, just take a Ceres Bus going directly to Victorias City. Just ask a tricycle driver to bring you at this terrific place of the ANGRY CHRIST, that’s in Vicmico Compound. They may charge you, P40-P50 one-way.

Would you mind coming over? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment